Trouble, trials, and tragedy strike every person who has ever walked upon the earth. When trouble comes, do we blame God? Do we ignore God; or do we trust Him?
King David had his share of problems, but he never forgot the Goodness of the Lord. He writes: “O taste and see that the LORD IS GOOD: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.” (Psalm 34:8) How does God show His goodness in the troubles, trial, and tragedies of life?
1) God shows His goodness in His attributes. “The Lord is Good” Every attribute reflects His Goodness (How well do I know Him?)
2) God shows His goodness in His promises. “Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: ” (2 Peter 1:4) (Do I know and believe His promises?)
3) God shows His goodness in His Actions. “Thou art good, and doest good” All that God does is Good. (Psalm 119:68) (Do I believe that “All things work together for good to those that love God.” (Romans 8:28)
4) God shows His goodness in His Love. “The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.” (Jeremiah 31:3) God’s love is His motive for what He is doing in our lives (Do I believe that God loves me with an unconditional and unending love?
5) God shows His goodness in His Wisdom. ” In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.” (Colossians 2:3 ) God’s thoughts are way beyond our comprehension. (Do I trust in God’s wisdom or mine own wisdom?)
In the midst of trouble, trials and tragedy, remember the Goodness of God. God’s plan for our lives is the result of His goodness, even when there is pain in the process. Will we trust in His Goodness today?