This evening many of us will be watching the big debate between President Obama and Governor Romney. We will be pulling for our favorite candidate in the debate. In the end, we will probably conclude that our candidate has won.
Debating has been around since the fall of man. When Adam and Eve fell in sin, they debated God by blaming Him for their sin. Moses debated with God when He had called Moses to go to Egypt. Peter debated with the Lord Jesus when Peter told Jesus that he wasn’t suppose to die on the cross. Satan also debated with God when he discussed Job’s life. We also have had our debates with God. We have questioned God about various areas in our lives. Here are a few of our debate questions for God and His answers.
1. Why did you give me the family you gave me? God answers: “I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.” (Psalm 139:14)
2. Why did you allow this tragedy in my life? God answers: “And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.” (Romans 8:28)
3. Why don’t you get rid of this problem in my life? God answers: “And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.”
(2 Corinthians 12:9)
4. I don’t understand what you are doing in my life. Can you tell me? God answers: “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.” (Isaiah 55:8, 9)
5. How should I respond to those who have hurt me? God answers: “But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;” (Matthew 5:44)
6. Have you really forgiven me of my sin? I still feel guilty! God answers: “He hath not dealt with us after our sins; nor rewarded us according to our iniquities. For as the heaven is high above the earth, so great is his mercy toward them that fear him. As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us” (Psalm 103:10-12)
7. Why aren’t you answering my prayer? God answers: “I waited patiently for the LORD; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry.” (Psalm 40:1)
8. Where can I find satisfaction in my life? God answers: “For he satisfieth the longing soul, and filleth the hungry soul with goodness.” (Psalm 107:9)
God always has the right answer for each of our questions. Don’t be afraid to take your own questions to God. He is always ready to answer them. By the way, He doesn’t need any prep time!